In the city of Austin, metal recycling is a fundamental part of maintaining a thriving ecosystem. As Austin continues to grow and flourish, there is a high demand for different types of metal to meet infrastructural supply needs. One of metal’s best features is its ability to be reused and recycled over and over again without compromising its structural integrity. In fact, 93 percent of all steel used in construction projects today is recycled.
Local business owners, contractors, demolition and construction companies, and individuals can all convert scrap metal and parts containing scrap metal into fast cash for a fair price at Gardner Metal Recycling’s friendly, family-run scrap metal recycling facility.
Austin Metal Recycling
The City of Austin has big plans—both in terms of new building projects that could leave huge messes and how those messes should be properly disposed of and cleaned up. By 2040, Austin aims to reach its zero waste green initiative—reducing the amount of trash sent to landfills by 90 percent. To do this, the municipality has set strict guidelines for construction and demolition (C&D) projects. Under the new recycling ordinance, C&D contractors are required to:
- Divert at least 50 percent of the construction project debris from the landfill.
- Dispose of no more than 2.5 pounds of material per square foot of floor area in the landfill.
- Submit an online Construction Recycling Report
But scrap metal isn’t only generated in the construction industry. From manufacturers to machinists to sheet metal fabricators—and everyone in between—Gardner Metal Recycling offers the experience and knowledge you need to develop and maintain a recycling program for your scrap metals.
Metal Recycling Services Offered
The folks at Gardner Metal Recycling will work with you to customize a plan for your business from start to finish. We know what manufacturers, contractors, utility service providers, industrial engineers, demolition service providers and construction companies require from a recycling partner.
We ensure transparency for each client through our reliable weighing and competitive pricing. Our flexible plans offer comprehensive scrap metal recycling packages to accommodate all types of scrapers. From big to small, we’ll help scale the scope of your haul.
Scrap Metal Pickup Service
We’d be glad to arrange a scrap metal pickup service at your site. In just four easy steps, your scrap will be gone, and you’ll have money in your pocket:
- Step 1. You’ll schedule a consultation with Gardner Metal Recycling to discuss your specific needs so we can work together to plan an efficient, no-hassle solution.
- Step 2. You can choose a container, and we’ll drop it off at your chosen location. From boxes to roll-off dumpsters, we have a full range of containers to suit every jobsite need. Let us know what you want, and we’ll drop it off according to your schedule.
- Step 3. Once the container is full, give us a call and we’ll come pick it up within 48 hours and, if needed, replace it with an empty container.
- Step 4. Gardner Metal Recycling pays a fair price for your scrap metal.
Metal Recycling Container Drop-Off
For organizations and folks who prefer to come to us, we provide recycling container drop-off services as well.
- Step 1. The first step here is to gather your scrap.
- Step 2. Once your container is fully loaded, you can call 512-402-6552 or contact us for a price quote. Once you’re satisfied, you can plan or schedule your dropoff at our Gardner Metal Recycling facility in Austin at your convenience.
- Step 3. When you arrive, we’ll ask you to pull up to our loading dock out front. From there, a professional scrap metal recycler will attend to your dropoff. As you fill out the required paperwork, our employees will unload and have your scrap metal weighed.
- Step 4. Finally, our expert team members will provide you with a price quote for your scrap metal. We’ll pay you on the spot in exchange for your material.
Buying & Pricing Scrap Metals
Scrap metal prices are in constant fluctuation based on several factors in the commodities and exchange market. Current market pricing, supply and demand for your metal scrap, geopolitical forces, quantity and location can all impact scrap metal compensation.
With that in mind, we adjust our prices daily in alignment with the metal market to ensure our customers receive a fair price. We’re always on call with a fair price quote for your materials, or, you can call us to find out how much your copper, steel or other valuable metal scrap would be worth on that day.
Two Ways to Recycle Your Scrap Metals
There are plenty of reasons why to recycle metal scrap and a couple of ways to complete the process:
You Bring It
Scrap metal recyclers have the option of collecting, cleaning and hauling their scrap to Gardner Metal Recycling’s well-equipped facilities. There are a few things to keep in mind before heading to the scrap yard. One key tip is to start out by sorting your metal scrap. Identifying ferrous (containing iron) and non-ferrous (no iron content) metals can be used to create “high-priority piles.”
Generally speaking, non-ferrous metals like copper fetch a higher buying price and should be sorted into your high-priority pile. If you’re not sure, grab a magnet—it will stick to the metals containing iron. Feel free to bring your electronics or e-scrap metal, too.
Once you have your metal sorted, you can check apps like iScrap or websites like metalary for a pricing reference point. Now, you and your scrap metal should be good to go! It’s time to head over to Gardner Metal Recycling.
We Handle It
Our metal experts will be glad to do the heavy lifting and even help you do the dirty work once we’ve received your scrap materials. If you didn’t get a chance to separate your scrap metals before coming to the scrap yard, our team of recycling pros can help you sort them out. Once sorted, we will weigh your metals on the spot to determine a fair price for them. Your metals will be ready to be recycled and processed, and you’ll have money in your pocket.
Types of Scrap Metal We Accept
Gardner Metal Recycling buys a wide range of scrap metal, including:
- Aluminum. All types including shavings, all alloys, plate, and sheet
- Brass. All types including red brass and yellow brass, shavings, solids, plumbing, sheet
- Copper. All types, including pipe, bare wire and cable, insulated wire and cable, shavings, solids, sheet
- Electronics. Various types of electronics including electric motors, motherboards, power supplies and heat sinks
- Ferrous metals. Many types of steel, tin and iron including cast, structural, plate, prepared and unprepared, cold rolled and busheling
- High-temperature metals and exotic metals. All types including Carbide, Hastelloy, Inconel, Monel, Nitronic, molybdenum, titanium and tantalum
- Stainless steel. All stainless steel including, 304, 316, restaurant equipment, sheet, plate, solids, shavings
- Raw Materials. Turnings, end mills, worn parts and end-of-life machines
How Gardner Metal Recycling Serves Austin’s Recycling Needs
Fair, honest, fast, helpful and clean—we couldn’t ask our customers for better reviews. We know you’re counting on us to provide reliable scrap metal recycling solutions you can trust with competitive pricing, a straightforward weighing process and service that goes above and beyond.
Give us a call at 512-872-5927 or chat with us to get a best-price quote. You can also schedule a pick-up or you can drop off your scrap metal yourself and get paid a fair price on the spot for your metal scrap.