Brass Recycling in Austin
Responsible Brass Recycling in Austin
As an alloy of copper and zinc, brass is used for a variety of purposes ranging from decorative to mechanical. Although the recycling process for alloys is a bit more involved than that for pure metals like aluminum or copper, the high value of brass scrap ensures that you can find brass recycling near you.
Because Gardner Metal Recycling in Austin wants to help our clients dispose of metals responsibly, we recycle brass and offer competitive brass scrap metal prices to make it worth your effort. We also offer commercial services like dumpster rental and pickup, so you won’t even have to leave your project site for metal recycling.
Where Is Brass Scrap Found?
With a distinctive yellow or red shine, brass is often found in products like doorknobs, home finishes, bed frames, musical instruments and light fixtures. However, the durability of brass also makes it useful for pipe fittings and valves, ammunition shells, and automotive radiators.
Common industries where brass scrap can be found include:
- Remodeling professionals and contractors
- Automotive repair and machine shops
How Do I Get the Best Brass Scrap Price?
Your brass scrap value will depend on a variety of factors, but there are steps you can take to ensure that you get the best brass recycling prices. Because brass is often a part of pieces composed of multiple materials, it’s important that you separate your brass scrap from other metalS, plastic, wood and rubber.
Taking the following steps may also help your brass scrap price:
- If you have an abundance of brass recycling, you can schedule a free scrap pickup from Gardner Metal Recycling and save your company the hauling costs.
- Make different collections for your red and yellow brass as these get different rates at the brass scrap yard.
- Before you go to the brass recycling center, check on prices; the brass scrap price today may not be the same tomorrow.
What Kinds of Brass Does Gardner Metal Recycling Accept?
We take almost all forms of brass to make it easy to recycle with us at Gardner. Common types of brass scrap include:
- Door handles and locks
- Pipes and fittings
- Brass cuttings and shavings
- Vehicle radiators
Contact us for a price quote on your brass scrap, and see for yourself how Gardner Metal Recycling can financially benefit your company.