Copper Recycling in Austin
Call 512-975-2955 to Request a Quote Now
Convenient Copper Recycling in Austin
Copper has been a part of the material culture of humans since the dawn of civilization, and it still is one of the most frequently used metals today. Because nearly 75 percent of copper is used in electronics and technology, the need for copper is on the rise.
At Gardner Metal Recycling, we are copper scrap buyers that offer competitive copper recycling prices. But we also want to make it easy for our customers to access our copper recycling center by offering services that help your business improve its bottom line.
Where Is Copper Scrap Found?
As a highly versatile material, copper has uses in the medical field, power transmission, electronics, jewelry, and even sculpture. Because of its diverse uses, you can find copper scrap in almost any industry.
Some of the most common industries that produce copper scrap include:
- IT and electronics
- Electrical and power transmission
- Manufacturing and machining
- Utility companies
How Do I Get the Best Copper Recycling Prices?
At the copper scrap yard, the copper salvage price will be based on the least valuable piece in your pile. So you should make sure to separate your copper scrap by grade and copper wire scrap by type to ensure that you get the best offer for your copper recycling.
Other ways to improve your copper recycling price include:
- Reach out to us before bringing your copper scrap, as market prices fluctuate daily.
- Eliminate deductions to your copper salvage price by removing plugs, plastic, rubber, paint and other coatings from your recycling.
- Note that the amount of effort it takes to improve your copper grade is not always worth the increased price. For instance, stripping insulation from thin wires often takes more work than the increased copper wire price warrants.
- Save yourself time and effort with our free container rental and scrap metal pickup program.
What Kinds of Copper Does Gardner Metal Recycling in Austin Accept?
Whether you need a scrap yard for your excess copper roofing or are looking for copper wire recycling, Gardner has you covered. At Gardner Metals, we aim to help companies save money and dispose of their metal scrap responsibly.
That’s why we accept almost every form of copper, such as:
- Copper filings and shavings
- Pipes and tubes
- Roofing copper
- Bare wire and cable
- Insulated wire and cable
- Cat 5/6
- Housewire and Romex®
- Spaghetti wire
- Fire wire