Reduce, reuse, recycle—and lose that scrap metal clogging up your space! Recycling scrap metal has become an integral part of business for people in various industries. From needing to clear space for an on-going project to making sure to abide by state legislature and regulations, it can feel like a burden to navigate the scrap metal recycling process without a helping hand. How do you determine which metals have value? What potential earnings are we talking about? How do you properly dispose of excess scrap metal? Gardner Metal Recycling is here to guide you through the process with ease and expertise.
Why Bring Scrap Metal to the Scrap Yard?
Bringing your scrap metal to the scrap yard is an alluring reciprocal enterprise that allows for global sustainability while offsetting some business costs. Improper disposal of scrap metal can lead to soil pollution and degradation. These toxins can find their way from the environment into our bodies through consumption. The environment we pass down to present and future generations will be a reflection of the legacy we leave behind. At Gardner Metal Recycling, we are proud to be part of a community in the Greater Austin area that values a sustainable future by offering incentivized solutions for appropriate scrap metal removal and disposal.
Apart from the whole doing-the-right-thing-for-cash aspect of scrap metal disposal, state and federal laws also dictate what can and can’t be done with scrap metal. Our expert team is well-versed in regulation compliance.
The pros at Gardner Metal Recycling are here to make your trip to the scrap yard painless and easy. You might not even have to come to the scrap yard, as we offer pick up services that come to you! Clearly, there are several key reasons to invest in scrap metal recycling, from environmental accountability to financial gain to compliance with the law.
How Much Scrap Metal Is Enough to Justify a Trip to the Scrap Yard?
Financial returns on scrap metal fluctuate across regions. At Gardner Metal Recycling, we are here to help determine the potential profitability of your scrap metal recycling project by offering transparent consultations to obtain a price quote. Whether opting for a scheduled pickup or planning a trip to the scrap yard, understanding the worth of your scrap metal is a good first step to decide if it’s time to trade your scrap for cash.
5 Ways to Change that Pile of Metal into a Stack of Bills
- Identify the kind of scrap metal available to you. Create “high-priority piles” by sorting through ferrous metals like steel or iron versus non-ferrous metals like copper, aluminum, brass, stainless steel, and bronze. Non-ferrous metals fetch a higher buying price and should be sorted into your high-priority pile. The best part about this stage of this process is that it is easy and inexpensive to get started with; besides some elbow grease, the only other tool you may need is a standard magnet. If the magnet sticks to your metal, it is ferrous, and if it does not, the metal is non-ferrous.
- Get an idea of current pricing. Some apps (iScrap) and websites (metalary) provide you with information to get an idea of what your scrap treasure’s market value is. However, Gardner Metal Recycling is more than happy to help by providing you with a free quote.
- Find a reliable and reputable scrap metal yard that can guide you through the process. At Gardner Metal Recycling, we can help reduce the stress of feeling like you have the burden of excess scrap metal on your shoulders.
- Build relationships with local scrap yard dealers. As with any business, it’s not just what you know, it’s who you know as well. When getting to know a dealer, it is important to consider what kinds of metals they will accept. Also, ask about how they pay clients. Gardner Metal Recycling would love to get to know you and your scrap metal objectives so we can work together to meet them.
- Grow your scrap pile. Ask about Gardner’s ewaste business if you’re in charge of recycling for your company, rather than letting scrap metal waste find its way to landfills.
Gardner Metal Recycling Is Here to Help
With more than 60 years of scrap metal recycling experience, Gardner Metal Recycling has the expertise to handle your scrap metal needs. Our services are available for a variety of scrap metal business industries, whether you are a contractor, manufacturing and industrial facilitator, or utility service provider. We can assist you with demolition and clearing projects. We can also help you set up a new contract or expand an existing contract.
The bottom line is that we are here to work with you to find a suitable solution for your scrap metal recycling needs. We would be more than happy to schedule an appointment and relieve you of your excess scrap metal. We also offer scheduled pick ups, as well as container services for on-going construction projects. Call us today at 512-975-2955 or submit a request for your personalized quote or to get more information about scrap recycling near you.