When it comes to recycling carbide scrap metal, Gardner Metal Recycling brings it’s years of experience and knowledge to delivering the scrap metal recycling services you need. Our expert team can properly and fairly evaluate your carbide scrap using transparent weighing and pricing to make sure you get the best price.
What Types of Carbide Does Gardner Metal Recycling in Austin Accept?
Also called tungsten carbide, carbide is an extremely strong and dense metal with a very high melting point, making it suitable for machining, drilling, and mining. Due to this durability, carbide is used for drill bits, saw blade tips, mining equipment, and airplane parts. It also is used for surgical and dental instruments and jewelry.
Forms of scrap carbide also include solid pieces to gratings, dust or carbide sludge (also called swarf). You may find some carbide on tools, but due to the cost of carbide most carbide scrap comes from machining.
How Much Is Carbide Worth?
The carbide recycling price you receive will depend on a few factors:
- Market price. Your scrap offer will be dependent on the market price for carbide at that time, as it is with all scrap metals. Carbide scrap prices have a large range and tend to fluctuate, so you may want to call us for the going rate to ensure you’ve collected an amount that is worth your trip to our facility.
- Condition. The condition of your scrap carbide is also important. The higher the tungsten content in your scrap, the better the price you will get. This can be evaluated when you come to Gardner Metal recycling, but be sure to separate out your carbide to get the best price.
- Type. The type of carbide you bring in will impact the price we can offer. Solid carbide scrap will get top dollar, while carbide mixed with other metals will need to be evaluated for its tungsten content.
What Services Do We Offer for Recycling Carbide?
Gardner Metal Recycling has seeks to meet all of your scrap metal recycling needs. We do this in a number of ways, including:
- Scrap Metal Pickup Service. If you don’t have the time or equipment to collect and bring your carbide scrap metal to our facility, give us a call, and we’ll schedule a time to pick it up that works at your convenience.
- Recycling Solutions and Decommissioning Expertise. Do you have ongoing scrap metal recycling needs? If so, we offer scrap analysis, volume projections, handling procedures, sorting for value, storage recommendations and pickup scheduling to help you get the job done.
Contact us today with your carbide questions or to get a free quote for all of your scrap.